This bread is very simple to make and a perfect accompaniment to any winter chili.
- 1 ½ cups warm unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups Anita’s Organic Cornmeal
- ¾ cup Anita’s Organic All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 2 tbsp organic sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tsp non – alum baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375˚F. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl or jug, mix together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- In a large bowl mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the olive oil to the soy milk mixture and stir.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the bread to check that it’s done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, serve warm.