If you are looking for a flourless cookie recipe, then look no further. This delicious cookie made with our Almond Meal has everything you might want in a cookie and more. Moist in the middle with a little crunch on the outside for that perfect bite. Trying to watch your treat intake after the festive holidays? Then not only do these cookies have calcium rich almonds they also have cacao nibs which are packed full of free radical fighting antioxidants. Now there’s no reason not to try them! Enjoy! ~J
- 1 1/4 cups Anita’s Organic Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey (or other liquid sweetener like maple syrup; brown rice syrup etc)
- 1 egg (or 1 flax or chia seed egg)**
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (we use Artisana or Natures Nuts brands)
Crumble is always a perfect way to showcase all that is great about seasonal fruit. With buttery, crumbly oats and a hint of coconut you can’t go wrong. But how about making this traditional dessert portable! Crumble bars are a perfect way to take this traditional dessert with you on the go. The best type of berries to use are tart ones such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Strawberries can be used but tend to release a little too much liquid. The jam is optional but intensifies the fruit flavour. Mix up those berries and enjoy! Enjoy! ~ J
Start your day off right with this delicious granola. Made with our Harvest Grain Flake Mix and Buckwheat Groats it has the traditional flavours and texture of granola with an extra crunch from the buckwheat. Choose any mixture of nuts, seeds and dried fruit you like – just remember to always add the dried fruit after the granola has been cooked. Store in an airtight container and serve with milk, fruit & yoghurt…..or even ice cream! Enjoy ~J!
- 2 3/4 cups Anita’s Organic Harvest Grain Flake Mix
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Buckwheat Groats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (we used walnuts)
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic High Fibre Blend (or use oat bran)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp extract)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup, warmed gently
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Coconut
- 3/4 cup dried fruit, chopped if large (we used a mixture of Apricots, Dates, Cranberries and Thompson Raisins)
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
We all know that pancakes are great for breakfast, lunch and dinner but did you know you can turn our pancake mix into a delicious Toffee Bar as well. Super simple to make and packed with lots of flavour what a great sweet treat to have on hand. Portable and filling – what more could you want. Pancakes for every meal!
No bake treats are always a go to in our house. With no cooking and minimal washing up they can be ready in a matter of minutes. The only time you have to wait for these delicious morsels is the time it takes them to set up in the fridge. But if you can wait an hour then give them a go. Just like most raw bar recipes they can easily be adapted to suit taste, diet and allergy requirements. These are made with our Chia & Hemp Breakfast Boost and sooo delicious. Enjoy!
We can’t have Canada Day celebrations here in beautiful British Columbia without a Nanaimo Bar can we? This decadent treat has been adapted to use wheat/gluten alternatives and this particular one is vegan too. But hey – we love to experiment just like you do so feel free to switch it up. We must confess there is a little cheating going on here as the filling of this bar is actually some leftover frosting (rather than the traditional custard filling) but it works (and saves time). The filling can be any flavour you like – vanilla; mint (mmmmmm); Irish Cream; and even lemon (yep lemon & chocolate works). And as we have cheated they can be ready in next to no time. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Anita’s Organic Almond Flour
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 cup Anita’s Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or (1tsp vanilla extract)
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp Anita’s Organic Flaxmeal
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (measure when melted)
No – not the Mr T – though he may like them too – but one of our husbands, who is affectionately known as Mr T. When growing up, Coconut Macaroons (not to be confused with the delicate French pastry item called Macaron) were his favourite. Sweet, chewy and packed with coconutty goodness these little nuggets of deliciousness are a family favourite and make a great teatime treat. The recipe has been adapted to use non-gluten flours and tastes just as fabulous. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Makes approx 24)
On a rainy Sunday, here in beautiful British Columbia, what better way to spend a day off but baking for your family. A perfect marriage of Anita’s Organic and The Local Harvest Market – Rhubarb & Strawberry Crumble made with our Emmer Flour. This was served with whipped coconut cream and sprinkled with chopped walnuts; a pinch of cinnamon; and lots of love. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs rhubarb, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- ½ to ¾ cup Anita’s Organic Cane Sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Emmer Flour
- ½ cup Anita’s Organic Can Sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- ½ cup Anita’s Organic Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2/3 cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup butter (or non-dairy alternative), chilled.
These cookies are a perfect accompaniment to a nice cup of tea. They have shortbread like texture but are robust enough for a good dunking. In England a cookie (or biscuit) is quite often judged purely on its dunkability merits. This causes many discussions and sometimes disagreements as to the best biscuit (cookie) for the job. No one likes crumbs at the bottom of their tea or worse still a chunk falling off mid dunk! Give this one a go – its fabulous. This recipe will make two to three dozen cookies depending on the size of the spoon/cookie scoop you use. If they are on the larger side increase the cooking time by a few minutes (but don’t let them burn).
- 1 cup unsalted butter or non-dairy alternative
- ½ cup+ 2 tbsp Anita’s Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ¾ cup Anita’s Organic Cranberries, chopped
- 3 cups Anita’s Organic Einkorn Flour
- approx. ½ cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Coconut (for rolling)