Sometimes we just have to eat on the run and these cookies make a great grab and go breakfast choice. So why not bake up a batch, freeze them and then you have them when needed. Or if you have chance to have a mid-morning coffee then why not try one of these delicious cookies. If you don’t have our Harvest Grain Flake Mix, then simply make your own version. Just have a ratio of 50% flakes of your choice and 50% seeds/chopped nuts.
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- 1/4 cup milk (regular or non-dairy)
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp extract)
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic All Purpose Flour or All Purpose Spelt Flour
- 2 cups Anita’s Organic Harvest Flake Mix
- 1/4 cup milk (this is added later)
- 1 tsp non-alum baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Anita’s Organic Currant Raisins
- Pre- heat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or in a stand mixer – using the paddle attachment (not essential but does make process quicker) add the nut butter, oil, sugars, 1st 1/4 cup milk, and the vanilla powder (or extract). Stir to (or whisk) to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the flours; baking powder; and salt. Add the dry mix to the wet and mix well. Add the currants – mix well.
- Slowly add 1 tbsp at a time (or drizzle in if using a mixer) the extra 1/4 cup milk. Only use enough to make the mixture wet enough to hold together when squeezed.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on the lined cookie sheets and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown on the outside.
- Move to a wire rack and allow to cool.
Funding support provided, in part, by the BC Government’s Buy Local Program; delivered by the Investment Agriculture Foundation of BC with funding from the Government of British Columbia.