I am most definitely not a professional baker, just a regular working Mom like a lot of our customers. My spare time is precious, and short, but a lot of it is spent in the kitchen and I bake bread……a lot! So I am always trying out new recipes; different flours; and various different methods of bread baking (some not always successful) but my eagerness to try something new never wains. Currently my favourite method of bread baking is longer fermentation (2 or 3 days), this doesn’t mean its really anymore labour intensive it simply means more flavour is developed and a little bit of patience is needed. Anyway, I digress, back to the reason for this blog.
Find answers to many of your questions here in our FAQ area. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Give us a call at 604.823.5547 and we’ll be able to help you out even better!
Topics covered include:
- Are there any additives or preservatives in Anita’s Organic Mixes?
- Which allergens could be present at Anita’s Organic?
- Anita’s Organic Red Lentils are listed as being “Unpeeled”, what does this mean? Do they cook differently than split red lentils?
- What is the difference between Anita’s Organic Green Lentils and Anita’s Organic French Green Lentils?
- What is Anita’s Organic Non-Alum Baking Powder? How does it work?
- Are there additives present in the Anita’s Organic Seedless Thompson Raisins?
- Why does Anita’s Organic sell whole unground flaxseed? Isn’t it best consumed in a ground state?
- What is the difference between Anita’s Organic Brown Flaxseed and Anita’s Organic Golden Flaxseed?
- How is ground flaxseed used as an egg substitute in baking?
- What are the health benefits of consuming flaxseed? How can I use flaxseed in my kitchen?
- What is the difference between Anita’s Organic Quick Rolled Oats and Anita’s Organic Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats?
- What are Anita’s Organic Steel-Cut Oats?
- Are there certain products at Anita’s Organic appropriate for a person with a gluten allergy?
- Are there certain products at Anita’s Organic appropriate for a person with a gluten sensitivity?
- Are there certain grains at Anita’s Organic appropriate for a person with a wheat sensitivity?
- I’d like to eat foods to help improve my digestion. How can Anita’s Organic help?
- Why are Anita’s Organic Whole Grain products healthier than refined flour products?