If you are looking for a flourless cookie recipe, then look no further. This delicious cookie made with our Almond Meal has everything you might want in a cookie and more. Moist in the middle with a little crunch on the outside for that perfect bite. Trying to watch your treat intake after the festive holidays? Then not only do these cookies have calcium rich almonds they also have cacao nibs which are packed full of free radical fighting antioxidants. Now there’s no reason not to try them! Enjoy! ~J
- 1 1/4 cups Anita’s Organic Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Anita’s Organic Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup Anita’s Organic Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey (or other liquid sweetener like maple syrup; brown rice syrup etc)
- 1 egg (or 1 flax or chia seed egg)**
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (we use Artisana or Natures Nuts brands)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, cacao nibs, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Wisk in the coconut oil, honey and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 min or even overnight (I did 2 hours and it was perfect).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1 – ½ inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving
** To make a chia or flax egg whisk 1 tablespoon of whole chia seeds or 1 tablespoon of ground flaxmeal with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened and add to recipe in place of one regular egg.
Funding support provided, in part, by the BC Government’s Buy Local Program; delivered by the Investment Agriculture Foundation of BC with funding from the Government of British Columbia.